- In Essential Beliefs - We Have Unity: "There is one body and one Spirit...one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." Ephesians 4: 4-6
"...to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ" Ephesians 4:12
- In Non-Essential Beliefs - We Have Liberty: "As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions...Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls....So then each of us will give an account of himself to God...The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves." Romans 14: 1,4,12,22
- In All Our Beliefs - We Show Charity: "And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2
What We Believe
- We believe that the Holy Bible is God's Word to man and that it is the only sufficient authority as the rule of doctrine and practice. It has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth, without any mixture of error, for its matter. 2 Timothy 3:16
- We believe salvation is the gift of God's grace and is received when one repents of sin and places his faith and trust in Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior, through the power of the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 2: 8-9 Luke 13:3 John 6:44
- We believe church membership is available to those:
a. Who have repented and put their trust in Jesus and been baptized.
b. Who have given evidence of repentance and faith publicly.
c. Who have Submitted to baptism by immersion which symbolizes the heart of the gospel message - death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. Romans 10:9-10 Romans 6:4
d. Who have participated in our Membership Class and met with one of our pastors.
- We believe in the New Testament order of Baptism and the Lord's Supper. The Lord's Supper is to be observed by the members of this church, members of churches of like faith, and anyone who feels spiritually qualified. These are the only ordinances in the New Testament and are symbols, and as such do not have any saving power. Acts 2:41 Matthew 28: 1-12 1 Corinthians 11: 23-26
- We believe in the right of each member of the church to a voice in its governments, plans, and discipline. A Baptist church is a local autonomous group of born-again, believers and is self-governing under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, thus recognizing no earthly authority outside the local congregation. Acts 6:5
- We believe that salvation is free to all who will accept the Gospel through repentance and faith. John 3:16 Romans 10:13
- We believe that all true born-again believers shall be kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation. John 10:28-30 1 Peter 1:5
- We believe in Church Discipline. As the body of Christ, we are accountable to one another. Matthew 18: 15-17
For a more complete statement of faith, this church subscribes to the doctrinal statement of The Baptist Faith and Message.