From the Constitution and By-Laws of Central Baptist Church
The Pastor Search Committee
“…must be composed of three (3) men and two (2) women chosen from the membership of the Church, none of whom shall be employees of the Church or their spouses. The three (3) men and two (2) women receiving the most votes will comprise the Pastor Search Committee. The same secret ballot shall provide alternates to serve as needed. The next three (3) men who receive the most votes, and the next (2) women who receive the most votes, will comprise the alternates in the order of votes received. Man and wife may not serve on this committee or as alternates.
The Process and Timeline
The process for selecting the next pastor of Central Baptist Church officially commences August 2nd as we begin the nomination procedure for electing the Pastor Search Committee (PSC). The procedure for selecting the PSC will be implemented according to the following timeline proposed by our Communications Team:
August 2nd: Nominations to begin.
August 9th: Nominations end. A team of deacons established by the Communications Team will begin contacting those whom have been nominated to inquire about willingness and ability to serve on the PSC.
August 23rd: A meeting will be held with all nominees who have agreed to be considered for the PSC.
August 30th: A formal
presentation of all nominees will be made available for prayerful consideration
by the church body.
Characteristics of a Healthy Pastor Search Committee
- Each person should be an active member of the church and respected by the congregation for their activities within the church.
- Each person should be known for their spiritual maturity as shown within their engagements in the various ministries of the church.
- Each person should be actively engaged in the spiritual disciplines of prayer and study of scripture, and willing to continue all the more during the search process.
- Each person should have available time and energy to complete what can be an arduous and long search process.
- Each person should be in agreement with the vision and mission of the church.
- Each person should believe in and prayerfully look for the Holy Spirit's participation in the search process.
- Each person should be teachable and patient, and able to cooperate with the PSC as a whole.
- Each person should be able to keep confidentialities within the committee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can make a nomination? Central Baptist Church members
Who can be nominated? Any active member (regularly participating in corporate worship, Bible study, service to church body, etc.) of Central Baptist Church that meets the characteristics listed above to the best of your knowledge.
How many people can I nominate? Up to three (3) separate men and two (2) separate women. You are not required to list five.
How long will nominations be accepted and where? Nominations will begin August 2nd and will conclude August 9th. The nomination form can be placed in the nomination box located in the Worship Center foyer and/or the church office. The church office is open Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, and Friday, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm.
Questions? Contact the church office at
The Pastor Search Committee Nomination Form
Nomination forms are available in the Worship Center foyer, the Church Office, or you may download the nomination form by clicking Pastor_Search_Committee_Nomination_Form_2020.pdf
After downloading and printing the form, please fill it out completely and submit it no later than Sunday, August 9, 2020. You may submit it in the worship center foyer on Sunday, or the church office during the week, or mail it as long as it is postmarked by Saturday, August 8, 2020.