Church Information: Founded in the 1800's, Central Baptist Church is a Southern Baptist Church located in Livingston, Texas about 45 miles NE of Houston. Central Baptist is a pastorally-led and congregationally-ruled church known for expository preaching, and strong global missions involvement. We affirm the Baptist Faith and Message and hold to historic Baptist beliefs. We hold to meaningful church membership and are guided in ministry by our church constitution.
We are seeking an Interim Pastor who will join us in glorifying God, proclaiming the Gospel, discipling believers and making Christ known to our community and peoples across the world.
Church Mission Statement: Central exists to Preach, Teach and Live the Gospel for the Glory of God.
Job Title: Interim Pastor
Position Objective: The Interim Pastor is responsible for preaching & teaching the Word of God on Sunday mornings in our corporate worship service. In doing so, his teaching, leadership and pastoral care of the congregation should be led by the Holy Spirit and grounded in sound doctrine.
Position Description: The Interim Pastor will be the primary preacher for the Sunday morning corporate worship service. He should be a fruitful, biblical teacher and his teaching should effectively “equip the saints for the work of the ministry.” His primary role shall be to feed, nurture, train, and teach the church in such a way that Jesus Christ and His gospel are central. He shall be accountable to God, through the church, for the mutually agreed upon responsibilities of ministry and in accordance with the church constitution and Interim Pastor Covenant. The Interim Pastor works closely with the pastoral staff to establish and communicate the vision of the church. He must be a member of a likeminded church family. The Interim Pastor will be ineligible for the Senior Pastor position.
Reports to: Pulpit Supply Committee
● He demonstrates a clear testimony of faith and a passionate devotion to Christ and His church.
● He must meet the spiritual, personal and character qualifications of an Elder/Overseer found in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:6–9 and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22. He must be above reproach including a commitment to moral purity.
● He is a man of prayer and a man of the Word, sensitive to what the Spirit is saying to Central Baptist. He will devote himself to daily prayer and Bible reading for the sake of guarding himself from sin and stirring up his heart and mind to renewed passion for Christ; he will lead his family in regular times in the Word and prayer; and he will gladly participate in mutual care and accountability with other believers.
● He will seek to undertake his duties in the power of the Holy Spirit, undergirded with prayer, guided by the Scriptures, and manifesting the character of Christ for the glory of God.
● He must understand, endorse, and teach, without reservation, the church’s biblical and theological teaching as expressed in the Central’s Statement of Faith. He must keep a commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of Central within the context set forth in the church constitution.
● Demonstrated excellence as an expository preacher.
● Theological education and/or training (preferred).
● Demonstrated pastoral experience including pastoral care, vision creation and implementation, church leadership, missions and
evangelism, and discipleship/mentorship. This includes previous ordination by a body of believers.
● Experience with a church and its staff.
● Gifted in proclaiming God’s word from the pulpit.
● Strong leadership skills demonstrated by leading God’s people as an example to the flock.
● Focused on the discipline of prayer both corporately and personally – a prayer warrior.
● Proven initiative and hunger to grow in knowledge.
● Missions focused with a heart for sharing the gospel in the community, country and the nations.
● Possesses a passion for doctrine and deep truth that shapes our worldview.
● Focused on making and growing disciples through mentoring and counseling.
● Possesses a compassionate heart for those who are hurting.
● Relational to the flock by having a heart that cares for his people.
● Wise and discerning knowing when to be decisive, sensitive, tender, and firm.
● Able to tactfully and winsomely unite people with varying perspectives to advance harmony and love, and to achieve common goals.
● Mature humility cultivated from walking with Lord.
Compensation: To be discussed and determined based on experience and qualifications.
Send resume to email@example.com.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.